Get your fleet ready for winter weather:
- Pump water bottoms from storage tanks.
- Use Tank Dri* to remove any remaining water and condition vehicle saddle tanks.
- Kill microbial growth with BioGuard fuel microbiocide.
- Remove water and sediment from vehicle fuel tanks.
- Install new fuel filters.
- Consider using larger mesh fuel filters in very cold climates.
- Discontinue mixing used motor oil into the fuel.
- Drain water separators often.
- Use low cloud point No. 2 that is responsive to antigel additives.
- Use ValvTect Diesel Guard Antigel/Deicer additives at recommended levels from November 1 through March 15.
*What is Tank Dri? Tank Dri, a ValvTect product, is a vital part of your overall winter preventative maintenance. Tank Dri safely removes trace water in your bulk storage tank and helps eliminate corrosion while preventing fuel line freezing.
As a CrownSource customer, you have access to deep discounts on the products you need – like Tank Dri, BioGuard and Diesel Guard – to keep your fleet running smoothly. Login to CrownConnect to order. Not a customer? Sign up now.